Monika Valkūnaitė started playing saxophone quite late, but because of her determination and diligence she entered the Lithuanian Theatre and Music Academy in 2001. After finishing saxophone studies with senior lecturer Petras Vysniauskas and achieving BA diploma, Monika decided to seek further musical studies in Italy.
While continuing jazz saxophone studies at „A. Steffani“ conservatory of Castelfranco Veneto she has learned to speak italian, has expanded cultural understanding of Southern Europe and got seriously involved in musical theatre studies.
· Intensive singing course at a summer-school of Guildford School of Acting (GSA) 2010, UK
· Private school of musical theatre “Scuola d’Arte”, 2009-2010, Vedelago (TV) Italy (teachers: Alberta Izzo & Davide Calabrese)
· Summer school “Professione Musical Parma”, 2009, Salsomaggiore (PR), Italy (teachers: Chiara Cattaneo & Vivien Noakes)
· I° level diploma in jazz saxophone and opera singing as a complimentary instrument at a conservatory “A. Steffani” of Castelfranco Veneto (TV) Italy, 2007-2010 (teachers: Gianluca Carollo & Antonio Juvarra)
· Private singing courses, 2007, Vilnius (Lithuania) (teacher: Brigita Bublyte)
· BA diploma in jazz saxophone at Lithuanian Music and Theatre Academy, faculty of instrumental and vocal music, 2002-2006, Vilnius (Lithuania) (teacher: Petras Vysniauskas)