us NOW phone:
+37 052 625241 Emergency phone:
+37 052 625241
Goldap is a Varmia-Mazurskie Wojewodstwo town, the centre of district, established on both banks of the Goldap River. The name of the river is made from the words ‘gelda‘ and ‘upė‘ (river), as the river flows in the deep valley. On the north-eastern side a big Goldap lake is located. The traces of the cultures of the Jotvingiai tribe, the Lithuanians, Germans, Jews and Poles can be found in the area. Because of the high hills, lakes, the Rominta Forest, the sanatoriums, Goldap with its surroundings is considered exclusively among the most beautiful places in Poland. Tourism information centre functions here as well. Goldap town was founded in 1565 by Duke Albrecht Hohencolern, it gained the town rights in 1570. Worth visiting are the central town square, the monument to the famous philosopher Immanuel Kant, the Neo-Gothic St Leon Church built in the second half of the 19th century. The population is 13 500, it has a climate-forest senatorium.
Pienkna Gura hill is located in the outskirt of Goldap town, 271 above the sea level. On the foot of the hill there is a hotel. The top can be reached on foot or by funicular. The hill to the south-east from Pienkna Gura is called the Castle Hill, formerly a mound.
Jurkiszki. Here we enter the Rominta Forest Landscape Park. The stands with the information about the flora and fauna of the park are displayed along the road. The cognitive foot-paths and bicycle tracks are also available in the park. 25 km length border with Kaliningrad Region crosses the Rominta Forest from east to west. Rominta River flows across the forest. In the territory of Poland in the park there are 5 nature reserves, the park is surrounded by five forests. It is located in the south-east of Warmia Mazurskie Wojewodstwo with 14 620 hectares.
Galvieczie. The place of the former manor-house with the remnants of the park can still be found here. The manor-house dates back to 1531, the foundation of Goldap town. The grave of the last landlord Stosel von der Heiden survived there.
Pluszkiejmy is a small village on the northern shore of Lake Czarne. A camping site is situated by the lake, providing accommodation to those planning to travel around Rominta Forest Landscape Park.
Rogajny manor was founded in the second half of the 16th century, with the surviving manor building, chapel and storehouses. The deserted park has a pond. You can find three Lutheran graveyards in the village.
Dubeninki, the centre of gmina, is older than Goldap, founded in 1615. Lithuanians, Poles-Mazurians and Germans have been inhabiting it since the ancient times, being the oldest parish in this area where the preaching in the church till 1915 was in Lithuanian, Polish and German. During the years of WW1, severe battles took place in these places, and next to the village there are the graveyards of the war victims, 37 of German and 109 of Russian soldiers with Lutheran and Orthodox crosses on them. Several kilometres to the north-east from Dubeninki, you can see the old Kiepoice railway bridges across the valley of the Bludzia River. In 4 kilometres from Dubeninki there is Linovo village with a lake under the same name. From the road to Bludzia railway bridges an interesting Dobele lake is seen. On 31 May 1926, after a sudden drop of air pressure, the lake, literally speaking, exploded. The explosion was caused by highly concentrated marsh gas under the lake bottom.
Stanczyki. The local landmarks are the two parallel to each other railway bridges across the Blendzianka River flowing across Rominta Forest. These are the bridges of the pre-war railway line Goldap – Žytkiejmy – Tolminkiemis – Gumbinė. At the beginning of the 20th century, Germany was seeking to revive this Prussian border area and draw more new settlers here. The construction works started in 1907 between Gumbinė – Žytkiejmy. In 1908 the railway reached Žytkiejmy, in 1912 the line to Goldap was started. The line had to be single-rail built on the broken surface with deep valleys of the Blendzianka (Rominta), Bludzia and Jarka rivers. High bridges which survived till now were built over them. They had been designed by Italian architects and engineers. The bridges resembled the ancient Roman and Spanish aqueducts – the troughs through the valleys for supplying cities with water from the mountains (aqua – water, ducere – supply). The initial idea had been to build the bridges through the valleys and hollow land, but not for transport, only the water flowed in the troughs on them. For that reason they were called Northern aqueducts. The northern bridge in Stanczyki was built in 1912-14, the rails were put on it. The works were interrupted by the war, they were renewed in 1923. The decision then was made to lay two railway lines. For that purpose one more line was built next to the existing ones. The trains went on those rails before the war and during the war. The railway was dismantled by the Red Army after the war and it was taken to Russia. The bridges in Stanczyki are made of fero-concrete, they are 250 m in length and 36.5m in height. They join the two sides of a deep hollow. The banks of the river are fortified with concrete. The Stanczyki bridges are popular with young people who like dangerous sport – bungee jumping.
Przerosl is a gmina centre, a settlement located on Przerosl Lake and the Rominta River. When Prussia started inhabiting its territory and Queen Bona colonized Prussia‘s border areas, in 1539 a village under the same name was built. The town is thought to have been established between 1562-71 following the order of King Sigismundus Augustus. In 1576 King Stephan Bator conceded it the town rights and the coat of arms, and inhabited it mainly with Lithuanians. At that time Goldap with the surroundings - the area to the west from Przerosl – was inhabited by Lithuanians as well. The place was located on an important trade road, but at the beginning of the 20th century when the railway Goldap – Gumbinė was being built, Przerosl was left aside and lost its trade importance. Around the 1800s, the town was bigger than Suwalki.
In Suwalki Landscape Park, established in 1976, you can find Olszanka and Kruszki villages. The area of the park is 6 284 ha. All the protected territory comprises 14 891 ha of forests, lakes, rivers, meadows in Jelenievo, Przerosl, Rutka Tartak and Wižajny gminas. It is the first park of this kind in Poland. The surface was formed 15-17 thousand years ago by the melting glacier, the hills rise up to 275m above the sea level. The park has 26 lakes. The biggest and the deepest is Lake Hancza, with 4.6 km in length, 1km in width, and of 296 ha area. Its surface is 227m above the sea level. The 108m depth lake is the deepest in Poland and the Central European Lowland. The park has 5 nature reserves, 22 trees under protection. In the village Bachanovo, founded in 1765, you can see the nature reserve ‘Bachanovo Stones‘, and a picturesque valley. In village Lopuchovo, next to the Lutheran graveyard, you can visit a stone reserve as well. On a hill formed by a glacier, huge granite boulders can be seen. In 1988, a geological reservation was established here.
Turtul is a place where time ago there was a water mill. The name of the place originates from the surname of the miller who was residing here. Now here reside the administration of Suwalki Landscape Park, there also are a tourist information centre and a museum. Tourist accommodation is available.
Szeszupka is a village. Next to it there is a small swamp, the starting point of the Šešupė River. The river winds through Poland, Lithuania, and it flows into the Nemunas in Kaliningrad Region. The length of the river is 298 km. In Poland it is 27km long. In Suwalki Landscape Park it flows in a deep valley through five lakes.
Vodzilki is an Old Orthodox village established in 1788. In its centre a 19th century Old Orthodox temple - a monument of wooden architecture, a bathhouse and a graveyard can be seen. The village is inhabited by several Old Orthodox families.
Gura Zamkova is a mound of the Jotvingiai tribe, topping 54m above the water level of the four lakes surrounding it. Its height is 228.1m above the sea level. The remains of three defensive bulwarks are seen on its slopes. In the information stands at the foot of the mound the information about the mound‘s past and the archaelogical findings can be found.
From the hill the bicycle track takes us to the road at the road sign of Czajavczyzna, at which we turn to the north and reach Gulbieniszki village. The river Gulbin flows by. In the fields of the village there is an interesting and picturesque Ciso Hill (Gura Cisova ). Its height is 257,9m, it is bare-surfaced as nothing grows on it.
Rutka Tartak. It is a gmina centre located on the Šešupė river, a town which started, after two villages, Rutka and Tartak, joined in 1874. 1.5 km from the town you can see a road sign pointing towards the farm of ostriches which you may visit for a symbolic fee.
Szypliszki is a border town which is the end of the hilly Mazovsze area of Poland, the paradise of Poland‘s summer tourism.
Budzisko is a border crossing point. You can find a shop, a cafe, a post office, a bank, a police station. Accommodation and medical services are also available.
Liubavas is a town of Kalvarija Municipality on the border with Poland. A few kilometres to the east from the town flows the River Šešupė. Liubavas has been known since the beginning of the 18th century. In 1734 it gained the rights of self-government. The first church was built in 1717. The new one, built in 1770, burnt down during the World Wars 1 and 2. The present St Trinity church was built in the cemetery chapel, it is famous for the picture of St Mary the Virgin. Long ago, it was found in an oak-tree on Trempiniai hill, and it survived all the fires of the church. Juozas Bendorius (1889-1954), a Lithuanian composer, was born village Skaisteliai near Liubavas.
Village Trempiniai is a birthplace of writer Antanas Venclova (1906–1971).
The name Aistiškai comes from the name of Aista, a small river which flows by this village. In the south west there is a big forest Aistiškiai.
Gražiškiai is a village built at the end of the 16th century by the small river Grauža. At the end of the 18th century – the beginning of the 19th – the parish was one of the richest in Sūduva area. In the middle of the 19th century, apart from the primary school, the village had a school for educating clerks. In 1881, St Michael Archangel church of bricks was built on the means of the local government and the parishioners.
Vištytis is a town on the northern shore of Lake Vištytis on the border of Lithuania and Kaliningrad Region, founded in the 16th century. In 1566, King Sigismundus Augustus built a church in village Vištytis, in 1570 conceded it Magdeburg rights and called this village a town. In 1829 St Trinity Church was built of bricks, in 1885–88 it was enlarged. A Lutheran church also functions here. In 1930, a monument to Duke Vytautus Magnus was built. Lake Vištytis is the biggest in Lithuania (1660 ha). Almost all the territory of the lake belongs to Russia. According the agreement signed in 1997, only 19 per cent of of the area of the lake belongs to Lithuania. Swimming for Lithuanian citizens is allowed in 200 m of the eastern shore and fishing in a 39 ha bay. It is one of the biggest lakes of Lithuania extending 8.5 km from north to the south-east, with max width of 4 km. The lake appeared, after the last piece of ice melted in a huge hollow in the last glacial period. The max depth of the lake is 50 m. The hilly eastern shore of the lake is one of the most picturesque places in Lithuania, popular with the people of Sūduva and all Lithuania. You can visit the ethnographical museum. The headquarters of the regional park is located here. A kilometre to the north from Vištytis, on the right of the road to Kybartai, is a huge Vištytis stone. The height is 3m, the length 6m, the width 4m. The bigger part of it is in the ground, and not yet measured. The stone is thought to be bigger than Puntukas and Barstyčiai stones.
Vištytis Regional Park was founded in 1992 and takes 10 833 ha. It is one of the highest moraine areas in Lithuania. The regional park, together with Lake Vištytis, is a summer and winter recreation tourism centre. Tourists can find country tourism objects and camping sites, recreation centres. There are three mounds, also Kylininkai landscape park. At the side of village Pavištytis is the highest hill in Sūduva under the same name, with 282 m height above the sea level. Pavištytis mound is located by lake Ūdrinis. On the east-southern shore of the lake you can find Viktorija Camping. Petras Kriaučiūnas (1850-1916), an outstanding person of the National Rebirth Movement, was born in Papečkiai, not far from Vištytis.
In Dabravolė it is possible to visit a castle-hill, with a fir-tree with several trunks next to it.
Pajevonys is a settlement near a castle-hill under the same name. At the beginning of our era, Pajevonys was a religious and administrative centre, the dukes of Sūduva area resided here. A pagan temple was standing on the top of the hill, now there is St John the Baptizer‘s Church built in 1875. In the years of the Independence, a monument to Duke Vytautas the Great was built. By the church there is the burial place of Tomas Senkus – Senkauskas (1817–1901 ), a priest and a poet. In Pajevonys there are shops and a post office.
Paežeriai is located on the southern shore of the lake under the same name. For a long time here was a manor house which till the middle of the 19th century belonged to priests Zabielas, later to rich landlords Gauronskis. Paežeriai is famous for the Neo-Classicism period palace built in 1795–99. It was designed by Martin Knackfuss, a famous architect of that period. Suvalkija Art Gallery and Vilkaviškis Area Museum are functioning in the palace.
Vilkaviškis is a district centre on the confluence of Šeimena and Vilkauja. A lot of tradesmen and merchants lived here since the 16 century, as the town was on the road to Prussia. In 1660 Vilkaviškis gained town rights. On June 21st 1812 Napoleon Bonaparte came here, stayed the night in the manor palace, watched the army parade in the morning of the 22nd and declared war on Russia. Over 30 writers of Lithuania are the graduates of ‘Žiburys‘ (later J.Basanavičius‘s) Gymnasium in the years of the Independence, S.Nėris, P.Orintaitė, K.Bradūnas, A.Vaičiulaitis among them. A public library functions in the gymnasium building. Worth seeing are the diocese cathedral, the monument to Vincas Kudirka at the municipality building, also the monument to Jonas Basanavičius in the town square.
Didieji Šelviai is the native place of writer Antanas Vaičiulaitis (1906–1992). The estate is located near Vilkaviškis railway station.
Žalioji is a village situated on both sides of the road, 11 km from Vilkaviškis, known since the 1812-year‘s Napoleon‘s campaign. Before WW1 there was a valsčius office, a primary school. Jean Manceau, a French pilot of Normandy – Nemunas Air Squadron, was buried here. His body later was taken to France by his relatives.
Kataučizna is the place of the former Žilinskas‘ manor house near Kudirkos Naumiestis. You can see the deserted building of the palace and the park, the forest of Vincas Kudirka on the twist of the Šešupė River. While living in Naumiestis, V. Kudirka enjoyed his walks here. One of the park alleys is along the Šešupė.
Kudirkos Naumiestis. In the 16th century, Queen Bona built Duliebaičiai village on the confluence of Širvinta and Šešupė. In 1639 the Wojewoda of Trakai Janusz Skumin Tyszkevicz founded a new town in the place of the village, which was called Wladislawowo in the honor of Wladislaw the 4th Vaza, the Grand Duke of Lithuania and the King of Poland. However, the name was not popular among the people, they called it Naumiestis. Officially called Wladislawowo before WW1, later Naumiestis, since 1934 it is called Kudirkos Naumiestis, after the monument to V. Kudirka was opened in the town square. V. Kudirka lived and wrote poetry since 1895 in the place where his museum is located now. He died in this town in 1899. It is worth to visit V. Kudirka Museum, to see his monument created by sculptor Vincas Grybas, the monument to Vytautus Magnus by the bridge of the river Širvinta, V.Kudirka Bridge with bas-reliefs across the Šešupė River, the museum in V.Kudirka Secondary School, the Museum of Lithuania Minor, the two-towered St Cross Finding Church built in 1783, the yard of sculptures of Pranas Sederevičius on the way to the graveyard. V.Kudirka and writer Petronėlė Orintaitė are buried in the graveyard.
Keturnaujiena is a village on the left of the road. Writer Petronėlė Orintaitė attended the village primary school, you can see a monument to her in the place of the former school on the right side of the road built in 2005 and visit her museum in the primary school. A couple of kilometres north from Keturnaujiena in village Suodžiai there is a chapel marking the place of the revelation of Virgin Mary and Jesus Christ. The chapel was built on the means donated by worshippers.
Santakai village is located near Sintautai: on the right side of the road the sign points to the homestead of poet Pranas Vaičaitis. The house was built by his brother, there is the poet‘s museum, a small granary, a monument to the poet, an oak tree reminding us his young days and a memorial stone in the garden.
Sintautai. In the cemetery you can find the graves to poet Pranas Vaičaitis and linguist J.Pikčilingis. Sintautai Culture Centre has a museum dedicated to the linguist. In the old church you can visit the museum of Antanas Tatarė, a priest and a writer. The secondary school has a museum attended by M.Puodžiukaitienė. The town is proud of the two-towered church with beautiful stained glass windows and the restored Vinco Grybas‘s altar. The church was restored in 1995.
Panoviai is a village located on the confluence of the Šešupė river and small river Nova.
Šilgaliai is a village behind the mouth of river Aukspirta. On the right side of the road you can see an oak monument with the words: ‘Bishop Pranciškus Būčys, 1872–1951, was born and raised in this house‘. A path past the monument takes us to the homestead where the bishop and priests Pranas Būčys (1850–1923) and Andrius Stasys Būčys (1875–1900) lived.
Slavikai is a settlement on the mouth of the river Siesartis. It is the old part of Slavikai with a church and a graveyard. The church is on the hill surrounded by high trees. A hiding place for books was made during the years of the prohibition of the printed word in the church belfry. Rapolas Petras Aleknavičius, the priest of Slavikai, is buried in the churchyard, poetess Janina Martišienė and man-of-culture J.P.Lenktaitis are buried in the graveyard.
Sudargas is a settlement on the highest Šakiai District hill by the Nemunas river. In 1317, the Crusaders burned down the castle of Duke Sudargas. The castle defended the roads to Lithuania from the Crusaders. 5 mounds near Sudargas prove this area to have been an important place of defence of Lithuanians from the Crusaders. The settlement on the road on the Nemunas to Prussia was growing rapidly, and in 1724 the Foreman of Jurbarkas Jonas Radvila conceded Sudargas the town rights. During the years of the prohibition of the printed word Sudargas was an important centre of book publishing and transition from Prussia. Priest Martynas Sederevičius and his helper Serapinas Laurynas Kušeliauskas published over thirty books in big circulations and distributed them in Lithuania through the book-carriers. M.Sederevičius and S.L.Kušeliauskas, the most outstanding book-carriers, are buried in the same grave in Sudargas graveyard.
Pervazninkai is the biggest and oldest Nemunas River village in Sūduva, which recently celebrated its 460th anniversary. The ferrymen earlier were called ‘the pervazninkai‘, as, time ago, the ferry – pervazas – was taking the passengers across the Nemunas. To the north-west from the village there is a big Švarcgiris Forest, on its northern edge by the Nemunas there is Kukarskė mound.
Kiduliai is located on the northern high shore of the Nemunas opposite Jurbarkas. It consists of Šiaudinė village, Kiduliai manor and Kaimelis village. In 1978, the second biggest bridge in Lithuania across the Nemunas was built in Kiduliai. In St Michael the Archangel Church in Kaimelis village you can see the only M.K.Čiurlionis‘s picture ‘St Rokas’ painted on religious theme. The set of the 19th century manor buildings and the park are also worth seeing.
Maištaičiai, or Narkūnai castle-hill is located on the left Nemunas shore several hundred metres from the road. In 1313 the Crusaders built Christmemel castle here. For 17 days it was besieged by Duke Vytenis and his warriors, but it was not taken. In 1324 Duke Gediminas had a battle for the castle again, however, the Lithuanians did not take it. In 1328 the Crusaders left it themselves as being the most remote castle from Klaipėda. In the east and the west the castle is surrounded with deep river hollows, in the south with wide and deep moats.
Panemuniai Regional Park in the east starts several kilometres up the Dubysa river mouth and extends in a narrow stripe on both sides of the Nemunas to the west for about 35 km, covering the area of 10547 ha. The Park administration is situated on the right Nemunas bank, in Šilinė village near Skirsnemunė. The Park aims to preserve the landscape, the natural ecosystem and the values of cultural heritage of the lower Nemunas. The Park has 11 nature reservations and 4 complex landscape reservations. 13 mounds from the times of fights against the Crusaders are situated on both sides of the Nemunas.
Gelgaudiškis is one of the oldest settlements in Sūduva, situated on the Nemunas. In 2004 it had a celebration of its 500-year anniversary. People dwelled here in the 5th century already. The manor established in the 15 century belonged to J.Gelgaudas, the treasurer of Grand Duke Vytautas. This is the origin of the name of the town. Gelgaudiškis is proud of the manor house and the park extending into the forest. The manor grew after 1846 when it was owned by German baron G.Koidel. In the 2-kilometre long cognitive path you can see the legendary Devil Hill, the graveyard of the barons, the Star of the joining paths, the grave of the Assessor, the highest fir tree in Sūduva. In the lower part of Gelgaudiškis town you can see a Neo-Gothic brick St Cross Exaltation Church with the bell of Simon Sori, a famous master of bell casting.
Pakalniškiai is a village in a valley. The memorial stone in the pine forest by the village marks the 6–14th century graves in which 22 burned people‘s burials and the biggest in Lithuania graveyard of 262 horses were found.
Plokščiai is an old village situated in the Nemunas valley and on a hill. The picturesque bottom of the Vaiguva river valley is altogether the surface of a street. In the southern end of the valley is Vaiguviškiai mound, and Šventaduobė (the Holy Hole) nearby. On the hill stands St Mary the Virgin‘s Church, in the lower part of the village there is a monument to Lithuanian Army volunteers who died in the fights for the Independence in 1918–20. The paths winding on the Independence slope take us to the cellars, where the after-war Lithuanian partisans were kept. The stones on both sides of the paths remind us of exile destinations of Lithuanians, the names of 382 exiles are inscribed on the memorial wall. In the western part of the old part of the village you can see the memorial of Petras Kriaučiūnas, a famous person of the Lithuanian National Rebirth movement who lived here in 1889-99. Vincas Kudirka, J.Jablonskis, P.Višinskis, A.Baranauskas,G.Petkevičaitė-Bitė, J.Tumas-Vaižgantas, Finnish linguist J.Mikola and his wife writer Maila Talvio, Danish writer O.Benedictsen-Meyer,were the visitors of this hospitable home. An interesting stone monument, dedicated to V.Kudirka, lies near the school, next to the road. People say that V.Kudirka liked to write on that stone in the valley of the Vaiguva. You can also visit a museum of ethnography in the local secondary school.
Kubiliai is a big village, an agricultural enterprise, located further from the Nemunas valley. 2 km to the south from the Nemunas there is Kubiliai, or Širvėnai, mound.
Ilguva is the place of a former manor on the left high bank of the Nemunas. You can see the survived wooden manor house with an open terrace on the Nemunas slope. Beatričė Grincevičiūtė, a famous Lithuanian opera singer, spent her childhood here. In 1895 the manor became the property of Emil Mlynarski (1870–1935), a famous Polish composer and violinist. Ilguva manor was in the summertime visited by famous people of arts from Warsaw, St Petersburg, Vilnius and Kaunas. On the left bank of the river Nyka stands St Cross Finding Church. Stasys Šilingas, a man of state of the years of the Independence, and Jonas Kriaučiūnas, an outstanding man of book and press printing, are buried in the local graveyard.
Žuklijai mound on the Nemunas valley slope dates back to the end of the 1st millenium. The flat top is 42 m long and 10 m wide.
In Paežerėliai the barons Rennais in 1860 built a brick-made Guarding Angels‘ Church. Pranas Lembertas and his family are buried in the local graveyard. Pranas Lembertas was a poet, he comes from Eiciūnai village nearby, in 1967 he died in the USA.
Kriūkai, the centre of a seniūnija, has been known since the end of the 16th century when it belonged to the landlords Sapiega. Later it was owned by the barons Rennais. Since the beginning of the 19th century till 1914 it the centre of Svetošino, in 1919–50 Paežerėliai valsčius. The 19th century brick-made storehouse for grain, bought and stored by merchants for sale in Germany, survived till nowadays. In the first half of the 20th century St Mary church, in 1936-62 a factory of river ship building, were functioning in Kriūkai. There are monuments to the killed Lithuanian partisans, to a Teacher of the years of the prohibition of the printed word, the coat of arms of the town. An ethnographical museum has been founded in the local school.
Žemoji Panemunė manor, founded in the place of the former castle of the Crusaders, has been known since the end of the 16th century. The mound, dating back to the time of the battles against the Crusaders, is situated in the mouth of small river Paausė. The hill-top is 46 m long and 15 m wide. In the east there is a 3.5 m high bulwark and a moat.
Mikytai mound is surrounded by deep hollows. It is also called Smailiakalnis. The slopes are high, steep, with an oval hill-top of 20 m length and 12 m width. There is a 10-12th century graveyard at Mikytai village which is an archaeological monument of a national importance.
Šėtijai mound is situated at the mouth of small river Liekė, the mound is also called Jundakalnis. Covered with trees and bushes, the top is 24m long and 18m wide. The mound dates back to the end of the 1st millenium. In Šėtijai village there is the native homestead of writer Kazys Puida (1883–1945).
Altoniškiai mound is situated on a steep-sloped high place. The hill-top is 28m long and 20m wide. The southern end is separated from the high place by a 1.5m high bulwark, at the eastern hill-foot the remains of a settlement are found.
Zapyškis. The Sapiega manor was here already in the 16th century. Time ago the settlement was called Sapiegiškis. The landmark of the settlement is the late Gothic period St John the Baptizer‘s Church by the Nemunas, built in the 16th century. In the upper part of Zapyškis there is a monument to A.Vištelis-Višteliauskas, a famous poet of ‘Aušra‘.
Kačerginė became known as a recreation place at the beginning of the 20th century. In 1906 writer Jonas Biliūnas, in 1938–40m. children‘s writer Pranas Mašiotas (1863–1940), spent the summers here. V.Mykolaitis-Putinas came for the summers to his summerhouse and died here in 1967. You can see a nice corner by the local seniūnija building created by the folk wood-carvers.
Lithuanian seacost – the Curonian Spit, Seaside Regional Park and the most popular sea resort Palanga.
The unique Neringa resort located on the Curonian Spit stretches for even 50 kilometres connecting the settlements of Juodkrantė, Preila, Pervalka and Nida. Wandering Nida dunes leave all visitors astounded. Standing on the peak of dunes you’ll enjoy a breathtaking view: hills of white sand and waves of the Baltic, the verdure of pine-trees and calm Curonian Lagoon. You get the feeling of listening to the symphony of wind, sand and water performed by nature.The Giruliai Forest, the place where the cognition with seaside nature and history comes to an end, the Seaside Regional Park with its 24 m high cliff – Dutchman‘s Cap, desolate and clean beaches, many rare plants and a great variety of birds. Palanga – the Amber Museum which houses very rich amber collection, the Botanical Park of Palanga with Birute's Hill - a 22-metre-high dune, the central street full of souvenir shops, open-air cafes leading to the beach and the pier. And of course bicycle paths, specially designed for panoramic tours.
Fly & Lease of campers in the Baltic.Take a tour and discover Baltics by yourself!
You will be able to travel comfortably throughout Baltic Sates in our campers, as passengers really may feel themselves like home and take any necessary stuff with them, even their most loved cup for coffee.
A virtue of motor homes is the possibility to be in the cabin in all companionship while going from place to place.
Moreover, you will be free as you will be independent from hotels and every evening you will be able to spend in any place you wish!
Prepaid individual transfer :