On the bank of Lake Asveja, which is the longest and one of the most beautiful lakes in Lithuania, there is the town of Dubingiai, where one of the palaces of the noble Radvila family, as well as an evangelical reformed church, stood on a large hill in the 16th-17th century. The ruins which remain are impressive, and tell a story of their own. The excavation site is set up to accommodate visitors – entire layers of history are opened up for them to see. Archaeologists claim that from an archaeological point of view, this is one of the most interesting places in Lithuania. Several hundred valuable objects have been discovered here. The oldest is a coin dating back to the time of Lithuanian Grand Duke Vytautas (beginning of the 15th century), and the latest are fragments of the Radvila family‘s marble tombstones (around 1630). Quite a few remains have been found in the churchyard and basement of the church; they are considered to be of the Radvilas – one of the most powerful noble families in Lithuania.