Mikalojus Konstantinas Ciurlionis (1875–1911) was the first composer and artist who combined music with painting, a symbolist who pioneered in revealing the charm of abstract art.
The Museum was established in 1963 in his parents’ house, where the artist lived from 1896–1910. Authentic interior and domestic items have been restored in these two houses. A permanent exhibition on M.K. Ciurlionis' creative output, biography, and family history is displayed in two other houses. Surroundings of the homestead have been restored according to the recollections of M.K. Ciurlionis sisters Valerija Karužiene and Jadvyga Ciurlionyte.
When visiting the site in summer season don’t miss the opportunity to attend one of the concerts of “Druskininku vasara su M. K. Ciurlioniu” (Druskininkai Summer with M.K. Ciurlionis). In June the place is full of young people taking part in the study week organised by “Baltos lankos” publishing house. Finally, in August the city holds the festival “Muzika be sienu” (Music without Borders).