Šnipiškių St. 1
Tel. +370 5 272 4164
This is a stylish monument of the late Baroque built in the first half of the 18th century. The towers of the church were built in the middle of the 18th century, they are crowned with rococo helmets and lanterns.
The church and the adjacent monastery belonged to the Jesuits. After the Society of Jesus had been dissolved, in 1993 the church was given to the Order of Catholic monks (Ordo Clericorum Regularium Pauperum Matris Dei Scholarum) established in Rome in 1597 to teach children of poor families.
Later the church was converted into the barracks and the warehouse of the military. In 1860 the Church was returned to the Catholics.
The painting St Raphael the Archangel adorns its high altar. This Church has benches (in the middle aisle) made in the first half of the 18th century, which were moved from the Church of Bernardino into it.