Užutrakis manor ensemble was created in 1897-1902 by count Józef Tyszkiewicz and his wife duchess Jadwiga Swiętopułk-Czetwertyńska. The Tyszkiewicz family owned Užutrakis manor until the beginning of World War II in 1939. When the Soviet Union occupied Lithuania in 1940, Užutrakis manor was nationalized. After the war the manor became a sanatorium for soviet security officers. Later a Pioneer camp, a rest home and a national tourism company worked there. In 1995 Užutrakis manor was entrusted to Trakai Historical National Park Management.
Mixed style Užutrakis Park, formed on a peninsula between Galvė and Skaistis lakes, was planned as a water park. Over 20 ponds, connecting with each other and with lakes of Trakai, were arranged in Užutrakis. As the level of lakes dropped during the century, the ponds in the central part of the park ran dry. Some of the ponds were destroyed during the soviet period by filling them up with soil. Only one pond, connected to Lake Galvė by a canal, survived. On the shores of this canal artificial cliffs are formed. The pond used to separate the representational part of the manor from the economical. The road that goes to the palace was called "The Potato Road" and was mostly used for economic purposes. The owners of Užutrakis and their guests used to reach the palace by water, not by land.